- 18 minutes of roadwork
- 8 rounds on the pads with Bernard
- 6 rounds of practicing my slipping with the "slip rope," while throwing combinations of punches and focusing on staying on my toes as much as possible
- 3 rounds on the heavy bag
- 3 rounds on the double-end bag (mostly practicing the left jab-straight right-left jab combination)
- 2 rounds on the uppercut bag
- 2 rounds of stretching
- 1 round of shadowboxing
- 1 round of situps
During the pads rounds with Bernard, I felt my 5-straight-punch combinations (left jab-straight right-left jab-straight right-left jab) working better than ever. It was great to experience that progress. I think the improvement was in my footwork and balance for that combination.
We also had a guest at our workout. Matt is a local lawyer and he will probably become a member of our club. He got along well with everyone and it will be great to have him join us. Tonight's other participants were Kevin, Cory, the Judge, and myself. What a great group of guys!
I'm pleased with today's workout. We'll pick up with the sparring again soon and I look forward to that, also.