I'll spar next week. Bernard has designated Wednesdays as "sparring days." Of course, we will be able to spar on Mondays, too, but Bernard asked that we tell everyone to be there at 5:45 p.m. on Wednesdays so that we can all have a set time to get some sparring practice. That sounds good to me. It will help us have a regular time to get some work with the other boxers on the team. I'll tell Tim about it tomorrow and send out an e-mail announcement to the rest of the guys.
As for the workout itself, things went pretty well. Here's the breakdown.
- 43 minutes of roadwork
- 5 rounds on the pads with Bernard
- 3 rounds of pivoting drills (holding a broom handle across the shoulders and pivoting from left to right while in a boxing stance)
- 2 rounds on the heavy bag
- 2 rounds on the double-end bag
- 1 round on the uppercut bag
- 1 round of stretching
It will be fun to have a set time each week for sparring. I need the practice and I hope the rest of the guy will like the idea.