I'm not complaining; indeed, I consider myself blessed. I am taking a dream I developed over 16 years ago and I'm making it reality. That dream is to be self-employed, running my own law firm and earning a significant portion of my income from my writing. The flexibility and range of opportunities are unmatched and suit my personality very well.
I am a little disappointed that I am behind schedule on several things, including:
- my marketing efforts (with the law firm marketing consultants I have hired);
- completion of my minimum continuing legal education (MCLE) requirements, which are now overdue;
- pursuit of several additional writing and blogging opportunities that seem like they'd be great for me;
- completion of my currently quarterly update to my book, Internet Law, and writing the update that must immediately follow it; and
- of course, my boxing training.
I know things will soon get back to a more manageable routine and something that seems like order emerging from the chaos. It won't take long to get there, and I'm determined to enjoy the experiences I have along the way.